I decided to start up a blogg so that you all can keep track of my adventures in Costa Rica!
I've spent my first full day here and there are a lot of new things\people\noises\language to take inn, but so far I'm loving it!
My journey started on Monday 25.01 from Oslo to London. I spent the night there in what's called a Yotel which in my opinion is a brilliant thing and should be available in every airports! Small, but nice rooms with a comfortable bed, shower, free tv and intenet. So a good way to start the journey eventhough it was a bit pricy..The rest of the journey went surprisingly well. Nothing was lost and no flights were missed! Traveled with another volunteer from London which helped make the journey better.
We arrived in San Jose on Tuesday night local time and was met by ICYE people and some other volunteers. I went to a hostel in the middle of San Jose with 5 other volunteers and went straight to bed..sooo tired at that point!! The hostel was nice, but seriously the street right outside here is sooooo noisy. That's the first impression of San Jose. Noisy with a lot of busses and taxi's. Haven't been able to see that much yet, but the scenery surrounding San Jose is beutiful and I can't wait to go explore more of the country.
We will stay in the hostel until 12th of feb. and the we will go to our host families, mine is in San Ramón. Before that we'll get some language classes and stuff which is much needed! Today it took us about 1h to get hold of a map of the city because of our rusty spanish..! And we made the longes queue in subway, but we're trying at least;)
But yea, so far todo bien although I still can't believe I'm in Central America!
Take care everyone:) xxx
The picture is taken on a random stroll around the city with a part of my very international hostal-family. We found this great park, really big and with amazing trees.
Genialt!
SvarSlettLiker spesielt godt dataene på profilen din :)
Kos deg videre og hold oss oppdatert!
Heheh, ja vet ikke helt hva som har skjedd der..:) Har levd ett langt liv;)
SvarSlett