søndag 31. januar 2010

Hot Hot Esparza


SO!

A lot has happened, don't really know where to start but it's been good days!


Just got back from our orientation camp in Esparza with about 60 or so people in total! The place was steaming hot. Probably 7-8 degrees celcius warmer that San Jose because of the microclimate they have here.
It was nice to meet all the new volunteers and talk to the ones that's been here for 6months already. They are all very nice, some a bit weird, but mostly very nice people. We did a lot of activities to be prepared for what's to come or might come..culture shock, host family problems and other fun stuff:) And oh yea, there was dance classes. I'm SO gonna take lessons once I get to San Ramon, it was a lot of fun! It was also very nice to get out of the city and see some more of the country. And Doña Martha made us awesome food. I had my first galle pinto and it's no lie. They do eat rice beans and eggs for breakfast here. Not everyday, but often. But it is actually much better than it sounds!

I met some nice Costa Ricans as well! I have a tico friend now:) They are great. I also met this guy that is living about 20min away from me, a german guy which is not a big surprice as almost all the volunteers are german. Make me all language confused and a times it does feel like I'm in Germany, not Costa Rica..Anyways, nice to know someone around where I'll be living.

I found out a bit more about my project as well. The Costa Rican municipality does not have a recycling system!! Which means no recycling in Costa Rica at all. And my project is a small recycling project which will work with both recycling and increasing people's awareness about why it's important etc. I'm excited.

The plan for the next two weeks is spanish lessons, more salsa lessons, and a bunch of information meetings. I'll be living in San Jose with my little hostel-family until the 13th of feb. which is the day I leave for San Ramon and will be living with my host family after that. Work starts on the 15th.

So yea, things are still muy bien! My spanish is still crap, but lessons start tomorrow and then we'll hopefully start practising a bit with each other.


Hope all is well with all of you!

~Synøve~

3 kommentarer:

  1. Så flott at dere fortsatt har det bra . Prosjektet ditt ser ut til å være midt i blinken for deg. Dette blir spennende!!

    SvarSlett
  2. Sounds like an awesome time! I am so so so sad that I couldnt come there yet.

    Hopefully I will have all that fun stuff too when I arrive..

    Have so much fun!

    SvarSlett
  3. Så moro å lese bloggen din Synøve :) Ser ut som om du har det bien! Kos deg, så sees vi om en drøy måned i CR håper jeg.

    Klem fra Jenny

    SvarSlett