lørdag 20. februar 2010

Saturday

Hola!

Things are going quite well now. STill room for improvement but it´s not bad at all. Work has been quite boring, but I think my tasks will change soon and hopefully it will be a bit more interesting. And I also now has the trip to look forward to:) Next weekend I´m going to Puerto Viejo on the carribean coast with my volunteer family, SO excited:D

Today is saturday, but it feels more like any other weekday because I have been working! Well, working is not really the right word....

This saturday was a promotional activity that COFERENE had with the university of costa rica and the municipality to collect more stuff to recycle and talk to people in san ramon about our work etc. I got up this morning (saturday) at 5.30. Met with a lady from work and went to my bosses house to make sandwiches. We had made about 60 of them and a reeeeally good drink, kind of like a smoothie with melon, pineapple and banana taaasty! I also met her whole family and she also introduced me to her plants, it seems like people here in san ramon really like their plants! But it was cool, they had a coffee plant in their garden which to me is very exotic! Amazing to think that coffee actually do grow on trees..

At around 8 we went to town, had breakfast with the people that was helping out and then we waited for people to come. And then we waited some more. And a bit more. It must be mentioned that today was a particularly shitty day. I know I shouldn´t complain because I´m norwegian and all that but this is tropical cold weather. Humid, very foggy and windy..BAD combination..brrr.
So yes, there was not alot of people that came with stuff, so not alot of work for us to do. But it was nice for me because I finally met some young people here. There was alot of students from the university and I talked to some of them, very nice people. And they spoke english, hallelujah. Even one of the known drunkers of san ramon had a conversation with me in english..or tried, but to be a poor drunker I was impressed with his language skills. So we talked, ate and ate some more (rice and beans of course) and then at 1 we finished.

I went shopping after that. But I don´t really like to walk around in town here because people really make me feel weird and different! It is not true that Costa Ricans are shy..not at all! Anyways, bought some stuff and went home and slept like 3 hours which was really nice:) Then me and my host mum watched a film, redemption - good film, but very sad. And then they asked me if I wanted to go out for a beer with them so we went. Me and the parents. It was a small, cozy place, I had imperial and seviche (raw fish marinated in lemon\lime juice with chilli and coriander) for the first time and it´s good! Different, but good! And yes, we talked quite a lot..it was nice:)

Hope all is well at home!?

Miss you! Besosss!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Hei snuppa

    Godt å høre at ting går bedre og at du iallefall har sett at det finnes folk på din alder. Håper jobben blir mer interresant og at du får det super koselig til helgen

    Savner deg

    Stor klem

    SvarSlett
  2. Savner deg ogsaa!! Hvordan gaar det med lile gullet? Frisk igjen? Han er blitt saa stor!

    SvarSlett
  3. Lille gullet har det bra men fortsatt forskjøla. Men han er i form smiler og er glad...også synger han litt hi hi. Nyt tiden der ute. Tar gjerne imot litt sol...regn regn og litt snø. Vurderer sydligere strøk i påsken.

    SvarSlett
  4. Costa Rica er da sydlig?? Kom hit aa besok meg da vel:):)

    SvarSlett