
Since it`s been about a week since the last blogg update I think it`s time for anotherone:)
I left my dear and deeply missed hostel family on saturday morning around 8. It was sad. I cried in the taxi and the taxi driver told me that it seemed like our friendship was Pura Vida, but I shouldnt cry! So then I stopped crying.
After about an hour pluss I arrived in San Ramon and was picked up by this sweet, little, hairy man. We drove home, I gót a tour of the garden which includes banana trees, with bananas, mandarine trees, orange tree, lemon, tree and lots of pretty flowers. The house is nice as well. And there is a maid. ANd a lady that comes one a week just to iron the clothes. Facinating. I also now have to get used to taking hot showers and throw the toilet paper IN the toilet and not in the bin again. Such big problems Im facing here.
ANyways, after about 20 min in the house we left to pick up various mambers of the family and I was told we were going to a small get together. SO we drove for about 1h, beautiful scenery, and arrived at a place with about 20 or so family members and friends. So I had to try to keep conversations with all of them in spanish of course. My favourite was this old lady with a strong case of ALzheimer. It was great for me because I didnt have to ask her to repeat things, it happened automatically. So I actually understood everything she said in the end as ahe had repeated it about 20 times!
After alot of talking and eating and drinking we went home. And I went straight to bed. Amazing how tiering this language thing makes u.
Sunday. I studied some spanish outside, we had lunch with granny around 1, then we went for a small walk around town and watched some tv. Then around 7 I was really hungry but apparently here they dont really eat dinner. I had a sandwich but the others did not eat. Strange. Apparently lunch here is dinner. ANd breakfast is lunch. And then the dinner is more like breakfast. Or something along that line..
Monday I started my project. I`m working for an organization called COFERENE (Colectivo Feminino Rescatando Nuestra Ecologia). Which is a recycling project. As I have written earlier there is no recycling system in this country so everything ends up together in the same place. This org. is doing the recycling, people come with stuff that can be recycled, we sort it and the send it to places that uses it to make new stuff. Also, there are meetings and presentations to make people understand why this is important, how to do it etc. I`m atm doing various office tasks as well as working down in the recycling centre. I will, when my spanish improves, have activities, presentations with children to teach them about the environment. So it`s interesting.
The people here are really nice, but there is only about 5-6 people working and they are a bit older. But I can use to computer during my lunch break (which I am doing now) and it even has skype:) Yesterday I went to one of the presentations that my boss had and she even bought me food. I love her.
The family is nice. But it`s a bit boring at home as there are no children so I still haven`t met anyone my age to hang out with. And I still haven`t seen much of the place either cuz when I get back from work I`m usually too tired and it get`s dark which means no walking outside alone. But I have found a gym that I will join. So that`s good. So far haven`t taken that many pics but I have uploaded this nice little logo for you to enjoy on top if the page:) Amazing, I know.
So take care folks. I miss you alot!!!
Hei, hei! Det var kjempekoselig aa snakke med deg i gaar. For oss bekymrede foreldre er det trygt aa vite at du ikke gaar ut alene naar det er moerkt. Kanskje du treffer noen paa din alder hvis du begynner paa gym'en?
SvarSlettKlem fra pappa.
Var koselig aa snakke med dere ogsaa, bare aa ringe:) Dere maa forresten begynne aa planlegge turen. Dere kommer midt i paasketidene og da er det veldig vanskelig aa faa tak i hoteller etc.! Klem
SvarSlett