torsdag 3. juni 2010

What do you mean I can´t buy envelopes at the post office??

Hello hello!

I am having a very happy day today. The sun is shining, it´s almost friday and I only have about 4 working weeks left:D I do have about 6 weeks left in Costa Rica, but I will go to Panama one week for vacation and then we have an evaluation camp in july. So yes, not so much time left in other words!

It´s not that I´m not gonna miss costa rica buuut I´m just a bit fed up with my work, and I have some good plans to look forward to and soo many beautiful people I look forward to see:)

Eventhough I have been here for more than 4 months now some things still surprise me. Like yesterday. I was going to the post office to send a letter which I had never done here before..SO I took my paper and after one of the ladies at work made me a little map I was off. Left work about 1h early to allow myself time incase I got lost. Found it surprisingly quickly, went in, waited a bit and then told the lady that I would like to buy an envelope and send the letter to norway. She just looked at me very strangely and I first thought it was because she was confused about my attempt of using body language to express the word envelope (did not know the word for envelope in spanish, but now I do:) Then she sais: "But we don´t have any envelopes." I was shocked. They were not sold out they actually didnt have any envelopes. In fact when I started to look around they didnt sell anything. Not even a piece of paper or a pen. I though "This is strange!". It´s like a gas station that doesn´t sell gas. In England for example I could buy the usual post stuff but also umbrellas, choclate or teddybears! In Norway I can buy cd´s or movies at the post office if I want. This maybe a bit extreme, but usually postoffices always have something for sale!

Anyways I asked where I could get hold of an envelope and the direction was something like 50 meters north, 25 south, 100 west and I was like yea yea, can you please just point in which direction it is and I´ll figure it out.

When I eventually got back I was pleased to discover that at least the post office had stamps.

xxxx

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar