Hellu,
It's been a while, and that's not good because that means I have A LOT to write about! And I can't really be bothered always..
Right now it's raining like crazy..it doesnt rain often, this is actually the second time while I've been here but it's sooo much rain when it first begins and soo noisy. But I was lucky, been outside the whole day and five minutes after I get inside the house it began:)
So yes, where to begin. The presentation on wednesday went really well. According to one of the guys I rocked, jajaj:D (jaja, is like haha in spanish by the way)
On friday I was going to my second dance class, but the electricity dissapeared for like 2 hours and since it difficult to dance without music and light I couldn't go:( Buuut I was kind of happy..I was sooo tired. My family is amazing tho..they lit up a bunch of candles and we sat together and had red wine, crackers with cheese, tzatziki, and olives. And they were telling me stories from when they lived in Lima, Peru. It was during the civil war (the period of Sendero Luminoso) and the car of Daniel, the father here, exploded one day he was at work because someone had put a bomb under it!! Apparantly they were both targets because they worked for a public university..crazy to think about.
Saturday we went early in the morning to pick up the daughter that lives in San Jose and went on a trip together to a nice place almost in the middle of many coffee plantations by a lake.

My hostparents:)
It's Close to Cartago. Had a very nice lunch there and the BEST coffee I have ever had in my entire life. Oh my god it was sooo good I find myself craving it all the time now. I think I even had sweet dreams about it last night. Unforgettable.
This is how they serve the coffee. Very fresh coffee, the plantation is like 10 meters from the restaurant and then they put fresh grouded coffee in the little bag and pour boiling water over. mmm:)
The flower that looks like a shower is La Reina de la Noche. It's apparently like a drug, kind of like marihuana..


It's Close to Cartago. Had a very nice lunch there and the BEST coffee I have ever had in my entire life. Oh my god it was sooo good I find myself craving it all the time now. I think I even had sweet dreams about it last night. Unforgettable.
This is how they serve the coffee. Very fresh coffee, the plantation is like 10 meters from the restaurant and then they put fresh grouded coffee in the little bag and pour boiling water over. mmm:)
Fountain by the restaurant we went to!
Stopped in Orotí, a village that has one of the last churches still standing from the colonial times.Sunday I worked from 8-4 with Abby. It was a fair with micro companies, kind of a marked with small local companies here in San Ramon.We had the nicest jewelery makers right next to us and Im soooo proud of myself because I managed to not buy ANYTHING! :) And because the whole day I spoke a lot of spanish. i speak spanish everyday at work and stuff but it's not really that many to talk to there but today me and Abbi have been speaking a lot the whole day, and I finally feel like my spanish is improving, or at least my confidence to speak! Happiness:D I'm sure I still sound like a retared person at times, but who cares;)
Ate some typical Tico food as well. Rice, beans and tortilla cooked in banana leaves.
And for desserts, Trés leches which is a kind of cake made with 3 types of milk. Normal milk, condensed milk and anotherone I can remeber..but it was very good! And of course some more amazing coffee. I will seriously buy a suitcafe full of coffee before I go back to Europe. And fruits.
That was the weekend! Next weekend, big party in San Jose! It's the birthdays of two other volunteers so should be good fun. And in a week and a half my parents arrive!:) Will be a great chance for me to see more of the country, very excited about that. Love this country, I really do. Pura Vida!
Hei, hei. Masse flotte bilder, men ingen av familien?
SvarSlettNaa har jeg bestilt 2 netter i Kekoldi, Granada. Hotellet saa flott ut. Saa bra at du begynner aa foele deg komfortabel med spansken. Det lover bra for oss som kommer paa besoek:-)