mandag 3. mai 2010

Yet another Paradise discovered




Aloha!
I know it's been a week since last time I updated, BAD! I'll try to get better.

It has been an eventful week and weekend!
The week first. Had a really good week at work. I am currently working with some gringos that are very up for helping us making coferene a bit more efficient so that's good. And I only worked there three days this week:D Wednesday I was ill (eller egentlig ikke, min vertsfamilie ville ta meg med til en vulkan) and friday I took off to go to Montezuma for a long weekend.
This is the volcano Poas:





Therese came thursday, or friday morning at 3am after a looong journey. We first thought she couldnt come at all because a road is closed because of a lot of rain and some volcanic activity (no not the one in Iceland;) buuuut she went with her host brother but there was an accident so she arrived here in san ramon 3am. We got up 6am to take the bus. And then we took ferry
and then another bus. And then we arrived in Montezuma. Had such a nice weekend there with many scandinavians (mostly Danish) and some americans. We lived in a hostel ON the beach, not the best hostel tho but really good people (exept a beggar that kept asking for bread and rum) and good atmosphere.

Friday we drank good amounts of rum and coke, went out, danced alot, laughed alot and went for a swim on our way home (hahah I even lost my bra in the ocean...)
Saturday we went to the waterfall. It was my first waterfall EVER and it was soooo beautiful. The coolest thing was to swim up and go behind the fall itself...amazing:)

On the way back tho I did something not so amazing. (SNubblefot slo til igjen;) I tripped, fell and cut my leg..not so big cut but deep enough to see my bone so I went to the hospital and they sewed it up with 3 stiches. Went back to the hostel chilled out, went for dinner and then out again at night. I just needed some help to walk and didnt dance that night. Buuuut it was nice:)
Went back on sunday, slightly painful and uncomfortable but with the help of my lovely BFF

I got back safely Sunday evening. We baked THE best chocolate-chip cookies and chilled out.

Today, monday, I didnt go to work because I cant really walk. Went to the doctor because it is very swollen, got some antibiotics and ibuprofen to take and also took an x-ray too check that everything was ok, and no bones are broken so that's good news. Think I will stay home tomorrow as well to rest the leg and then hopefully I will be able to walk better. Stiches are being removed friday or saturday.
Because blogspot is being shitty I will make a new entry with more photos:)
Hasta Luego baby.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hei,

    Alt jeg har å si er at jeg er litt misunnelig. Spesielt når du reiser rundt til alle disse fine stedene, bor på backpacker hostel og blir kjent med masse nye mennesker. Jeg drømmer meg 10 år tilbake i tid hi hi. Men svært så lykkelig nå også da.

    SvarSlett
  2. Jeg er veldig heldig som får reise så masse ja..men du er også veldig heldig du og som har en så søt liten familie:) Gleder meg sååå fælt til å se dere igjen til sommeren <3

    SvarSlett