mandag 14. juni 2010

I live for the weekends!!!



Helloooo


A little update. Feeling sooo much better than last week. Not sure why but I had a really nice weekend and now I can count on one hand how many weeks until I'm done with this job! :D Plans for the rest of the stay will come in the next post, possibly tomorrow;)

Any who. Weekend. Friday I went to bed early, or correction, I tried to go to bed early but a recent grey's anatomy addiction made that plan difficult to carry out..I got up at 5 am saturday morning. Yes I know, it is waaaay to early for a saturday but my boss decided we should leave at 5.30am and then so we did. I was picked up in a small mini buss and it was packed. We are normally 5-6 workers at my job but in this bus there were like 12 other people and I was like, who the hell are you guys? I thought this was a trip for people working there..apparently there was room for 14 in the mini buss and they invited a bunch of people to fill up the buss and they did a fine job filling it up! No space was wasted that's for sure..

We drove for about 2-3 hours to a church in Cartago first so they could attend the mass, and from there it was up the hills and to volcan Irazú. This is the 3rd volcano I see in this country and I must say it was the least impressive out of the three..no activity, no noises, just a crater..buuut it was very pretty. After that we did a big loop around an area that I went to with my host family. Very nice area and we had lunch by a bride, or more like a dam and the views there were absolutely stunning! We also went to see some ruins of a church that was ruined by an earthquake in the early 1900s.
After our little trip they dropped me off in san jose and I went to the hostel and met up with the boys. It was Yann's birthday a week ago so we celebrated him! Went to a sickly expensive club with a lot of stuck up posh people but we danced and had a good time until I almost fell into a coma around 2..I was sooo tired. So went back to the hostel and was going to sleep but noooo..there was some of the leaders of ACI there and so we sat up until 4 talking shit.
Sunday I watched the germany-australia match and then went home to san ramon only to find that my host family now has a cat. And I am allergic. But she is the cutest cat ever and only like 1 month old and so as long as I keep her out of my room I think it will be ok. Let's see..

Hope it is raining less at home than it is here.. take care:) xxx

1 kommentar:

  1. Hei på deg. Fin week-end ser det ut som. Nå venter vi på "Plans for the rest of det stay..."
    Vi hadde Stine-Marie og Max innom i natt. De dro videre til Tyrkia i dag. Tok buss fra Oslo til Rygge. Mamma og jeg drar på hytta i helga for å ta ut båt og åpne hytta. Jeg skal på jobb-samling på Lyngør torsdag og fredag og så drar jeg direkte på hytta derfra. Ikke lenge igjen nå...... Anniken ser vi lite til, hun leser nok for harde livet til siste eksamen på fredag. Klem fra pappa.

    SvarSlett