
Greeting folks!
Had a lovely weekend, but it started out BAD. The weather in Limon has been crazy and really wet and the morning before I left I was told there was a bridge that had fallen apart on the way to Puerto Viejo, and also that the weather was HORRIBLE. We are talking big floads. BUT I wanted to go no matter what. Have been missing my hostal family too much!
I went to San Jose at 7am from San Ramon, took the bus from SJ to Puerto Viejo at 10am and arrived safe and sound in PV at 3pm. Looong and HOT journey, but met up with Sabine, had a beer and life was good again:) The others came by car from SJ and arrived in the evening. It was SOOO nice to see everyone agian! And the place is soooo different! It was like being in a different country. Its on the carrabean coast and many of the people living there are rastafaris, and old european hippies. So the atmosphere was great, really chilled and laidback, but alot of gringos! We stayed at rocking Js, a really cool hostel where you can rent hammocs (hengekoyer), tents and also cabinas. The hammocs you can also use anytime you want and its right by the beach. Heaven. And they have the best strawberry juice ever. Its called a juice but its like a smoothie, me liky alot:)

Friday night we hung out at the hostel, had some drinks and alot of fun. We went out to a club right on the beach which played loads off reagge music so you could dance if you wanted to or sit on the beach by the candles and hang out..I loved it, and damn those rastafaris can dance!!!
Saturday was also great despite a little headache...we drove to Manzanilla, a beach 20min from our hostel. It was Heaven. 


The ocean was a bit crazy, but we found a hole in the coral reefs and had our own little private swimming pool:)


I really want to come back here:)


Saturday night we went to a nice, cozy reastaurant and had RICEandBEANS. They eat it all the time all over the country but in Limon they prepare it with coconut milk, it was really nice. AND I had the best Mojito I have ever had!! :DWe had some drinks and went back to the beach club, but we were all so tired and didnt stay out that long. Sunday we had breakfast, chilled in our hammocs and went back to SJ around 1pm. Luckily I didnt have to take the bus by myself again, we drove:)
SO this is us right before going back.

Rocking Js has very stickt rules when it comes to smoking marihuana: PLEASE go to the beach and do it..

On the way back..so strange the difference between the climates. When we got over the mountain to SJ the air changed immediatly from humid and warm to a typical nowegian summer evening..and San Ramon was rainy and foggy:( But it was kind of nice to be back and sleep in a bed and not in a tent. I had a really good day back at work today, will write about this tomorrow!
Hasta Luego:)


On the way back..so strange the difference between the climates. When we got over the mountain to SJ the air changed immediatly from humid and warm to a typical nowegian summer evening..and San Ramon was rainy and foggy:( But it was kind of nice to be back and sleep in a bed and not in a tent. I had a really good day back at work today, will write about this tomorrow!
Hasta Luego:)
Hei på deg. Dette høres ut til å ha vært en "weekend in heaven". Jeg sendte deg en melding i gaar om når vi kunne ringe deg. Kanskje vi kunne ta en prat i dag? Litt om bestilling av hotell osv.
SvarSlettKlem papa
Dette ser helt fantastisk ut.
SvarSlettJeg vil hoppe på neste fly å komme på besøk :D
Do it!
SvarSlett